Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Service
The following Terms and Conditions of Service apply to all products and services provided by The Infographics Agency, a joint venture between Lovelace Consulting Ltd and Vroom Media Ltd.
All work carried out by The Infographics Agency (us, we) is on the understanding that the Client (you) has (have) agreed to these terms.
From inquiry to order
Following your initial inquiry we will produce a costed proposal.
• Fees quoted in our proposal are valid for a period of 30 days.
• We reserve the right to charge a non-refundable deposit of 30% of the quoted fees prior to the commencement of work, in which case work will not commence until this amount has been received.
The costed proposal will be accompanied by our go-ahead agreement which, when signed by you, constitutes an order and contract with us. No work will commence until the go-ahead agreement has been signed by you.
Agreeing the final brief
You will provide all the necessary research, data, brand assets and guidelines, artworks, and guidance as set out in the go-ahead agreement and as are required for us to produce, and for you to agree, the final brief.
• The final brief is a full description of the infographic (in a Word format), including all the text to be used and data to be visualised, as well as the design direction (such as colour palette, fonts, and descriptions of iconography and imagery).
• Work on the draft design will only commence once the final brief has been signed-off by you.
• We reserve the right to charge additional fees should any substantial changes be requested after agreeing the final brief.
Your approval of the final brief must be accompanied by a purchase order.
Approving the draft designs
An initial draft design will be produced in accordance with the final brief. A final draft design will follow after you have provided a full list of amendments.
• We reserve the right to charge additional fees for additional rounds of amendments.
• We reserve the right to charge additional fees for additional rounds of amendments. These will typically be charged at £150 (+VAT) per hour, with a minimum fee of £75 (+VAT) covering up to half an hour.
• Should you wish to abandon the project after the initial draft design you will pay a cancellation fee no less than 50% of the original fees stated in the costed proposal. Should you wish to abandon the project after the final draft design you will pay a cancellation fee no less than 75% of the original fees stated in the costed proposal.
Acceptance and payment
Following your final approval of the completed works we will raise an invoice, quoting your purchase order number, for our fees.
• Payment is due within 30 days after the date of our invoice. Accounts which remain outstanding after the date of invoice will incur an extra charge of 10% per month of the outstanding amount. We reserve the right to retain work produced by us until cleared funds have been received. We also retain the right to remove work produced by us from any and all computer systems, until the amount due has been fully paid. This includes any and all unpaid monies due for services, including, but not limited to, hosting, domain registration, search engine submission, design and maintenance, sub-contractors, printers, photographers and libraries. Clients whose accounts default will pay us reasonable legal expenses and third party collection agency fees in the enforcement of these terms.
• Payments may be made by cheque (returned cheques will incur an additional fee of £50 per returned cheque; we reserve the right to consider an account to be in default in the event of a returned cheque) or previously agreed electronic funds transfer.
Copyrights and trademarks
By supplying text, images and other data to us you declare you hold the appropriate copyright and/or trademark permissions, and are giving us permission to use it freely in the pursuit of the design. The ownership of such materials will remain with you, or rightful copyright or trademark owner.
• Any and all artwork, images, or text supplied and/ or designed by us will remain our property, or the property of our suppliers.
• Copyright is retained by us on all design work including words, pictures, ideas, visuals and illustrations unless specifically released in writing and after all costs have been settled.
• You may request in writing the necessary permission to use materials (for which we holds the copyright) in forms other than for which it was originally supplied.
• Should you supply an image, text, data or any other file believing it to be copyright and royalty free, but which subsequently emerges to have such copyright or royalty usage limitations, then you will agree to allow us to remove and/ or replace the file at a fee to be agreed by both parties.
• You agree to fully indemnify and hold us free from harm in any and all claims resulting from you not having obtained all the required copyright, and/ or any other necessary permissions.